ST. GEORGE — A driver running a red light was found to be the cause of an accident at the intersection of Bluff Street and Main Street in St. George around 4:45 p.m. Tuesday.
A white Toyota Tacoma was heading southbound on Bluff Street and ran a red light, St. George Police Officer Steven Powell said. The Tacoma then made contact with a Gray Dodge Truck pulling a trailer.
“It was just a basic lapse of judgement,” Powell said.
The crash caused damage to the hood of the Tacoma but Powell said that no injuries were reported.
There was no visible damage to the Dodge Truck which drove off on it’s own accord.
Both vehicles were able to pull off the road and into the Denny’s parking lot so there was no major traffic impediment.
Weather conditions were not found to be a factor in the accident, Powell said.
The driver of the Tacoma was cited for failure to stop at a red light.
- St. George breaks long-held winter weather records
- Winter driving tips, because snow makes us less smart
- Road, highway concerns after the storm, with or without plows
- Driver runs red light on Bluff Street, causes collision
- Collision at Bluff, Snow Canyon when driver fails to yield
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.