ARIZONA STRIP – Arizona Highway Patrol has reopened Interstate 15 through the Virgin River Gorge for travel both northbound and southbound.
All lanes northbound opened by 11:50 a.m., southbound lanes opened just after 12:30 p.m., AHP Sgt. John Bottoms said.
The Interstate was entirely closed to northbound and southbound traffic Sunday at 1 a.m. MST due to snow and ice conditions combined with 18-wheeler semitrailers sliding and colliding. AHP and other crews worked through the night to assist those stuck in the backed up traffic, evacuating some.
For complete stories, see related posts below.
- Movement in The Gorge for those in gridlock, closure remains in effect
- Breaking News: I-15 through The Gorge completely closed, evacuation plan
- Northbound I-15 through the Gorge is closed, semitrailers stuck
- News short: UHP reopens all SB lanes through Black Ridge, I-15
- Dixie cities not equipped for snow removal, icy roads impassable; avoid driving
- I-15 incidents Millard south through AZ Strip; NB lanes closed on the Black Ridge
- Semitrailer jack-knifes on I-15, lanes blockedSnow incidents SR-18; photo gallery
- Snow incidents SR-18; photo gallery
- Minor slide-offs, accidents on I-15, heavy snowfall in the Gorge
- STGnews Photo Gallery: Let it Snow
- Three injured when I-15 accident causes rollover down embankment
- Winter Storm Warning: Statewide snow, gusty winds, road alerts
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.