HURRICANE – A man suffered burns over much of his body when a gas can in his backyard reportedly exploded on Saturday evening, according to police-radio dispatch reports.
The accident occurred just before 6 p.m. when the man, 22, was burning debris in his yard in the Dixie Springs neighborhood of Hurricane, Hurricane Police Sgt. Brandon Buell said. He was taken by Life Flight to a trauma center in Las Vegas.
This is the time of year that these sorts of accidents tend to occur, Buell said, and people need to take care when incinerating leaves and debris.
“It’s burn season,” said Buell, “and when people do (burning), just remember be cautious and be careful.”
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.