ST. GEORGE – St. George Massage is hosting a “Celebration of Womanhood” fundraiser for the benefit of Hope Pregnancy Care Center. The massage venue’s silent auction is ongoing now on St. George Massage Facebook with the final phase of the auction held Aug. 17, from 12–4 p.m. It includes low to moderate ticket items from local restaurants, salons, boutiques, golf, car service, and more.
Founded in 2005, Hope Pregnancy Care Center is a nonprofit organization with a mission to help women in Southern Utah who are facing a crisis or unplanned pregnancy. Their confidential pregnancy and parenting support services include comprehensive education programs, free pregnancy tests and peer counseling to women in crisis pregnancy situations.
St. George Massage will also introduce its art gallery, themed “Feminine Archetypes around the World and Through the Ages,” at the Aug. 17 open house. Featured artists include Pamala Bird – bas relief sculptures, and Loro Vincent – pottery. Bird said her artwork gives “Contemporary Expressions of Ancient Images” with a focus on exploring “Concepts of the Divine Feminine” and women’s roles in ancient art and history.
“The study and creation of these artworks has been empowering for me and helped me to value who I am, and my feminine qualities of nurturing, as well as to honor the strength in it,” Bird said,
Other vendors engaged for St. George Massage’s “Celebration of Womanhood” open house include Natural Foods, doTerra-Diane Biasi, Arté Gallery & Framing, Quantum Vitality, Chinese Face Readings by Debi Barmonde.
Sales by featured gallery artists and vendors will be offered simultaneously with the auction; neither their products nor sales proceeds are designated for the auction or fundraiser.
The afternoon will include the closing of the silent auction, an artist reception, reflexology treatments, refreshments, drawings, free chair massages and prenatal massage demonstrations, as well as alternative health booths.
Photos are of the bas relief artwork of Pamala Bird. These items are not for auction, but will be for sale at the Open House.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- What: “Celebration of Womanhood” benefit for the Hope Pregnancy Care Center
- When: Aug. 17, 12-4 p.m.
- Where: St. George Massage, 840 East Brigham Road, Suite 200, St George
- St. George Massage Facebook – to bid now on silent auction items
- Celebrating Womanhood | Open House Art Exhibit and Fund Raiser: Celebration of Womanhood
- St. George Massage | Telephone 435-215- 3480 | Email [email protected]
- Pamala Bird | Email [email protected]
- Hope Pregnancy Care Center of St. George | Telephone 435-673-5331 | Email [email protected]
- Comedian John Branyan puts banqueters in stitches; standup for Hope Pregnancy Care Center; STGNews Videocast
- Hope Pregnancy Care Center’s fundraising banquet sold out
- Hope Pregnancy Care Center, 7 years and growing: New facility, programs, hundreds of families helped
- Operation Keepsake: Positive abstinence program for teens
Updated 10:11 p.m. to include photos of Loro Vincent pottery.
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.