ST. GEORGE – The Southern Utah branch of the Utah Nonprofits Association has announced the third quarterly educational program of 2013, slated for Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon at the Dixie Applied Technology College campus.
Entitled “Increasing Volunteer Capacity,” the workshop will be led by Carol Holloway, director of the Five County Association of Governments Volunteer Center. The educational program will focus on critical needs many nonprofits face in terms of their volunteer base.
“Volunteers are the survival link for many nonprofits. They provide experience, education, time and training,” Holloway said. “Job descriptions and recognition are key to increasing volunteer capacity. Make your mission known and why volunteers are needed and you will find they will stay and become your biggest recruiters.”
The interactive session will include additional information about how to create a culture of success for nonprofit volunteers and organizations. Every Southern Utah UNA educational program includes time for practical discussion, networking and the sharing of experiences with nonprofit peers.
Workshops focus on nonprofit organizations but are open to all community members. Tickets cost $20 for UNA members with RSVP or $25 at the door. Nonmembers will be charged $30. The ticket price includes a continental breakfast.
A Southern Utah UNA networking event will be held Aug. 1 with featured speaker Terianne Southard of RISE Employment Services. The event will be held at RISE, see event details below. Additional network events are planned by UNA throughout the summer and fall across Southern Utah.
Event details and contact information
What: Increasing Volunteer Capacity workshop
- When: July 11, 8 a.m. to noon
- Where: Dixie Applied Technology College, 1506 South Silicon Way Building C-2, St. George
- Admission: $20 for UNA members with RSVP, $25 for members at the door, $30 for non-members
- Contact: Southern Utah UNA – 888-596-1801
What: Utah Nonprofits Assocation networking event
- When: Aug. 1, 4-6 p.m.
- Where: RISE Employment Services, 1192 W. Sunset Blvd., St. George / Telephone 435-656-4508
- Admission: Free to UNA Members, $10.00 for Nonmembers
- Contact: RSVP Online at www.utahnonprofits.org or Gideon Tolman, [email protected], 1-888-596-1801 or Dawn McLain, [email protected], 702-860-2341
Submitted by: Southern Utah Nonprofits Association
Email: [email protected]