ST. GEORGE – Emergency personnel responded to a garage fire at a home in Dixie Downs this morning.
The fire, caused by an equipment malfunction, was reported around 8:30 a.m. by the owners of the home.
The St. George Fire Department responded and contained the fire before it spread. There was no structural damage to the home, though a wall was knocked down in the garage in order to vent the smoke.
“We put it out pretty fast,” SGFD Capt. Sam Larson said. “32 firefighters and 10 vehicles were on scene.”
Ashley Lenai Kelton was on her way home this morning when she saw some smoke from the fire and decided to see where it was coming from:
“We went into this community and saw this house fire,” Kelton wrote in a direct Facebook post to St. George News. “There was a little boy and his mommy that was home and they got out safely and on time. I went over to see if they were ok and to see if they needed anything especially for the baby. I wish there was something more i could do.”
The residents had quickly evacuated the home and were unharmed.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.