Motorcycle accident with injuries accounts for I-15 SB traffic back-up

ST. GEORGE –  Two people were injured in a motorcycle accident on Interstate 15 near St. George Friday morning.

Around 10 a.m.,  an accident involving a motorcycle and a car occurred on southbound I-15 at milepost 6. Dispatch confirmed that two people on the motorcycle, the driver and a passenger, were transported to the hospital, one via ambulance and the other via Life Flight. The extent of their injuries is currently unreported. It has been indicated neither the driver nor passenger were wearing helmets.

Kristen Chanter posted on the St. George News Facebook page :

My husband was on the I15 when it happened. He said it was a motorcycle. One person taken away by ambulance the other life-flighted out. Said he couldn’t tell what kind of motorcycle because it was just a ball of metal it was that bad!!

The Utah Department of Transportation reported that the area of the accident, which had been restricted to single-lane travel, was cleared around 12 p.m.

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @MoriKessler

Copyright St. George News, 2012, all rights reserve

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

6 Comments

• HiFlyer October 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Any accident is sad news. I hope the injuries to both riders are not life threatening.

• ken October 19, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Does it matter that people choose not to a wear helmet? It is their choice not yours. I have heard that helmets protect your lower body also!

• HiFlyer October 19, 2012 at 7:31 pm

I’ve been riding for years and would not get on a bike without my helmet. Mentioning it in news articles is a good thing. If it makes one person put on his or her helmet before a ride, thats a good thing.

• Dr Andrew White October 20, 2012 at 7:19 am

My bike doesn’t move an inch without a helmet and gloves. Almost always I am wearing my armoured jacket–even in the heat of summer.

• urbandesert October 20, 2012 at 9:25 am

The SG Blvd freeway interchange and River Road were a total jammed up mess yesterday, Even when there is no wrecks going on. I heard that interchange is getting reconstructed. All this talk of Bluff being widened to 7 lanes and nothing about north River Rd. between Blvd. and 100 South which seems more congested than Bluff at times.

• mnic October 22, 2012 at 8:01 pm

i know the family fairly well, the injuries were very very close to life threatening friday night and saturday morning, they have both made tremendous progress since then, they were both wearing helmets, the females helmet did come off, and the male was found with his helmet on