UPDATED: Little Pine Fire closes roads near Enterprise, Pyramid 2 and DI Ranch Fire

Image by Corey McNeil, St. George News

UPDATE on the Little Pine Fire – Aug. 11, 9 p.m.  The Color Country Interagency Fire Information Officer’s report states:  The Little Pine Fire is located 5 miles southwest of Enterprise.

Fire activity was diminished today on most of the fire area over what was experienced yesterday. Late in the afternoon one area on the southeast corner heated up and was active, creating a small column for a while. Aviation Resources were successful in holding the fire with little growth, creating opportunities for ground forces to create an anchor and begin containment efforts. Color Country Type III team is managing the fire.  The fire is now assessed at 5 percent containment, and remains at 2,100 acres.

Possible closures may occur on Highway 120 due to fire conditions. Honeycomb Rocks Campground and Enterprise Reservoir area are closed to public access.

UPDATE on the Pyramid 2 Fire – Aug. 11 5:30 p.m. The Color Country Fire Information Officer’s report states that the Pyramid 2 Fire is now 100 percent contained at 60 acre.  No structures were damaged or lost. Firefighters will remain on site for the next two days suppressing hot spots before leaving the fire.

UPDATE on the DI Ranch Fire – Aug. 11 5:30 p.m. The lightning caused DI Ranch Fire located northwest of Utah Hill, in Washington County is now 100 percent contained at 857 acres, according to the Color Country Fire Information’s final report.  Acreage change is due to more accurate mapping using a helicopter and Global Positioning System today.

Two fire engines will be assigned to the fire through tomorrow, extinguishing remaining hot spots. No injuries were reported and no structures were damaged or lost.

SOUTHERN UTAH – Lightning continues to trigger fires in Washington County. The Little Pine Fire has closed access to Enterprise Reservoir and threatens structures.  The DI Ranch Fire also grows in size while the Pyramid 2 Fire winds down.

Little Pine Fire

The Little Pines Fire was ignited by lightning Friday at 11:48 a.m., and has grown to an estimated 2,100 acres. It is located 5 miles southwest of Enterprise.

Incident Commander Skyler Dalton with the Bureau of Land Management confirmed the fire is 0 percent contained so far.

Public access to the reservoir and Honeycomb Rocks Campground has also been closed.

Dalton also said barricade had been put in place for the day at Highway 120 due to fire conditions.

Voluntary evacuations for the Honeycomb Rocks Campground and Enterprise Reservoir have been initiated.

The Little Pine Fire currently threatens 12 structures.

The public is advised to stay out of the area so fire crews can do their work unhindered.

DI Ranch Fire

The DI Ranch Fire grew between 30-50 acres Friday night and due to a wind shift that carried the flames in a southeasterly direction. The fire is currently 50 percent contained and has reached 930 acres in size.

Ten structures associated with the DI Ranch remain threatened by the fire.

No evacuations, road closures, or injures have been reported in connection with the blaze.

Pyramid 2 Fire

The Pyramid 2 Fire northwest of Enterprise is 90 percent contained as of Friday night and remains at 60 acres. Firefighters are working to suppress hot spots on the remaining 10 percent of open fire line.  No structures are threatened and no injuries have been reported.

Email: [email protected]
Twitter: @MoriKessler

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2012, all rights reserved.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!


  • Murat August 11, 2012 at 1:41 pm

    Pfft. An arbitrary closure won’t stop me from driving on my favorite roads in Enterprise.

    • Dghws August 11, 2012 at 8:21 pm

      Arbitrary? Arbitrary closures would be like closing down 3rd North just to give you a detour. These closures might be precautionary but far from arbitrary. While you are speeding and generally not following any of the traffic laws that you don’t believe in, please do it where you won’t harm any innocent bystanders or fellow travelers.

  • Jennifer August 11, 2012 at 6:38 pm

    Well, aren’t you a bad ass, Murat

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.