Transformer box catches fire, causes power outage near Dixie High School

fire

ST. GEORGE – A transformer box blew up and caught fire last night in the area of 700 S and 100 E, causing power outage and traffic flow problems.

Dixie High’s football game with Snow Canyon was in play at the time, and was suspended for a short interval until power was restored. ┬áNearby residents reported power failure as well.

St. George Fire Department was able to extinguish the fire without significant incident and St. George Police managed traffic control until the fire responders’ clean up was accomplished.

[email protected]

Copyright 2011 St. George News. This material may not be published or rewritten without written consent.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.