U.S. 89 Guardrail Kanab to Glendale
Location: North of Kanab
Construction workers will begin guardrail installation north of Kanab this week.
Isolated single lane closures. Planning a little extra travel time should be considered as this project will be near a city waterline construction project.
I-15, Black Ridge to the Iron County Line
Contract: W.W. Clyde & Co.
Location: Between the Toquerville and New Harmony exits.
* Workers continue laying conduit on the northbound shoulder as part of an advanced traffic management system from mileposts 27 to 31.
* Heavy equipment operators are excavating the median and shoulders adjacent to northbound lanes at mileposts 34 through 38. Guardrail installation continues through this same stretch along the southbound lanes.
* Workers are widening the Exit 36 structure and constructing a retaining wall near Ash Creek.
* From milepost 34 to 46 the contractor is installing new fence west of the interstate and extending culverts east of the interstate along with construction of catch basins.
*Minor delays are possible in the event of blasting.
*The northbound lane shifts to the right at approximately milepost 33.
*Expect single lane closures and reduced speeds in the southbound lanes Monday through Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. as workers install guardrail.
I-15, Dixie Drive Interchange
Contract: Washington County Constructors
Location: St. George (Mileposts 5 – 6)
* Workers are now constructing columns for the new northbound lanes and continuing structural work for the Dixie Drive bridge over I-15.
* Workers are tying rebar for ongoing formation of a large dual-function box culvert to carry drainage and to connect pedestrians and cyclists from the Hilton Drive Trail to the Dixie Drive and Virgin River Trails.
* Soil stabilization efforts including construction of retention walls is ongoing.
* Reclamation work has begun east of I-15 where digging occurred.
* Two lanes of traffic remain open in both directions.
* All exits are open.
* Speed is reduced to 55 m.p.h.
* Northbound traffic has been shifted to the southbound side of the interstate near the Santa Clara bridge.
* Motorists should use caution near the Bluff Street Interchange merge lanes.
* Traffic lanes have been shifted on Hilton Drive.