I-15, Black Ridge to the Iron County Line
Contract: W.W. Clyde & Co.
Location: Between the Toquerville and New Harmony exits.
* Workers continue laying conduit on the northbound shoulder as part of an
advanced traffic management system from mileposts 27 to 31.
* Heavy equipment operators are excavating the median and shoulders adjacent to
northbound lanes at mileposts 34 through 38. Guardrail installation continues
through this same stretch along the southbound lanes.
* Workers are also assembling forms for the widening of the Exit 36 structure and
constructing a retaining wall near Ash Creek.
* From milepost 34 to 46 the contractor is installing new fence west of the
interstate and extending culverts east of the interstate along with construction of
*Delays of up to 15 minutes are possible in the event of blasting.
*The northbound lane shifts to the right at approximately milepost 33.
*Expect single lane closures and reduced speeds in the southbound lanes Monday
through Friday from 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. as workers install guardrail.
I-15, Dixie Drive Interchange
Contract: Washington County Constructors
Location: St. George (Mileposts 5 – 6)
* Workers are now constructing columns for the new northbound lanes and
continuing structural work for the Dixie Drive bridge over I-15.
* Sheet pile wall construction west of the interstate is nearly complete.
* Workers are tying rebar for ongoing formation of a large dual-function box culvert
to carry drainage and to connect pedestrians and cyclists from the Hilton Drive
Trail to the Dixie Drive and Virgin River Trails.
* Excavation and soil stabilization efforts are ongoing.
* Two lanes of traffic remain open in both directions.
* All exits are open.
* Speed is reduced to 55 m.p.h.
* Northbound traffic has been shifted to the southbound side of the interstate near
the Santa Clara bridge.
* Motorists should use caution near the Bluff Street Interchange merge lanes.
* Traffic lanes have been shifted on Hilton Drive.
S.R. 9, 300 West To 800 North Hurricane
Contract: Interstate Rock Products
Location: Hurricane City State Street
* Workers are building island medians and working on associated landscaping and
* Retention walls are being constructed in select locations.
* Final pavement will be laid in the spring.
From 100 East to 800 North, traffic runs one lane on each side of the road, leaving
the inside lanes closed to accommodate work on the center islands.