St. George News | StGeorgeNews.com, a Canyon Media company, is accepting and considering applications for the following full-time positions:
- Graphic designers.
- Sales and marketing consultants.
Proven experience required. These are not entry-level positions.
News reporter job description
St. George News | StGeorgeNews.com, a Canyon Media company, is seeking reporters able and willing to cover a combination of news assignments, including hard news, sports, breaking news, general assignment and enterprise stories.
As a reporter, you must be able and willing to do the following:
- Develop short-form and long-form in-depth reports, both as assigned and developed on your own.
- Deliver the article to a managing editor in professional news writing style, with an eye for AP style guide.
- Be able to work collaboratively, energetically and efficiently with the St. George News team as a whole – including other reporters, editors and multimedia departments – to deliver content on a deadline.
- Adhere to journalism ethics and standards.
- Work with multimedia demands for content assignments, which may include photos, video and other enhancements working in concert with the St. George News production department.
- Understand and utilize social media and electronic sharing platforms.
Familiarity with the WordPress platform is a plus. Work schedules may vary to some extent depending upon story demands, beats and other factors, and nights and weekends may be involved periodically.
Equipping the reporter
St. George News provides in-office workspace, computer, cameras, related equipment, studio, videography and graphic communication support. Smartphones will be provided in some cases, and news cars are subject to availability and insurability.
The reporter is required to also have their own computers suitable for the demands of the job, in addition to any provided by the company, and have their own reliable vehicles as well. Coming equipped with one’s own camera equipment is a plus.
Compensation and benefits
Salaries depend upon experience and skill set. Employees receive salary increases based on merit, including quality and quantity of news writing and editing product, relationship strengths, professionalism, attitude, initiative and creativity.
Benefits include paid time off and employer contribution toward health care insurance.
Applicants, please submit the following application package by email:
- Your resumé, including education and work history, areas of expertise and at least three references.
- Samples of your work. Writing, marketing work or multimedia products may be shown through links or copies to published work or the like. Include a description of your part in the production of the items provided (samples should reflect before-and-after editing product where possible).
- Your letter describing to us who you are and what you will bring to St. George News. Why do you want to join the St. George News team? You might include specific areas of your expertise and knowledge, special interests, how you approach your workday, relevant life experiences, what kind of environment you work best in, your professional goals. Consider this letter a conversation-starter.
Interested applicants should email Editor-in-Chief Paul Dail at [email protected].
Graphic design applicants email James Kreitzer: [email protected].
Sales and marketing applicants email Brent Rowe: [email protected].
Application packages will be reviewed and viable applicants will be contacted for interviews.
About St. George News
St. George News is an online news outlet headquartered in St. George, Utah, since 2010. Now a Canyon Media enterprise, St. George News and Canyon Media, which has served Southern Utah for 20 years, comprise Southern Utah’s largest and most powerful news, radio, advertising and marketing media.
We deliver comprehensive regional news throughout Southern Utah, northwest Arizona and parts of southern Nevada and offer the most powerful marketing platform in the region.
As a news and marketing powerhouse, St. George News serves its region in bringing together businesses, entities, civic government and other concerns hand-in-glove with a dynamic and engaged community of readers.