IVINS — The Center for the Arts at Kayenta will present a musical made for young and old … and by them too!
According to a press release from the center, experienced actors and young novices have collaborated to create a performance of “James and the Giant Peach” that everyone in the family will love. It will run June 27-29.
The public is also invited to submit art inspired by Roald Dahl’s classic tale in the Center for the Arts at Kayenta’s “James & The Giant Peach Art Expo.” Additional details on the expo can be found online.
In the captivating musical directed by Edwina Jones, James is sent to live with his two terrible aunts, Spiker and Sponge. One day he meets a strange man, and they create a concoction that produces magical crocodile tongues. James soon finds himself in the center of a giant peach among human-sized insects with oversized personalities.
The group faces hunger, disagreements and even sharks. As James travels in the peach, his new friends help him feel part of a family again.
Will James’ quick thinking save them all? Can they find their way home?
“James and the Giant Peach” will take you on a great adventure with a bit of silliness, laughter and even sweetness. Don’t miss this captivating musical.
- What: “James and the Giant Peach.”
- When: Thursday-Saturday, June 27-29, at 7:30 p.m., with a 2 p.m. matinee Saturday.
- Where: Center for the Arts at Kayenta, 881 Coyote Gulch Court, Ivins.
- Cost: $20 ($10 for students). Purchase tickets here or call the box office at 435-674-2787.
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
Email: [email protected]