ST. GEORGE — Athletes of all ages can now take their training to the next level at Intermountain St. George Acceleration’s newest training facility at the Southwest Baseball Academy Batting Cages, located at 415 S. Dixie Drive.
Athletes are invited to attend a free open house at the SBA Batting Cages on Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. There will be refreshments, prizes and training demonstrations.
“Adding a second location for training southern Utah’s athletes not only almost doubles our training space, but allows us to offer additional programs — some at a lower price point — to better serve and benefit more athletes than we could before,” Acceleration manager Brennen Ames said.
Acceleration’s original sports training facility can be found in Intermountain Dixie Regional’s Health & Performance Center. Due to the high number of athletes signing up to train, Acceleration’s team began to search for a place to expand. They found the much-needed space at the SBA Batting Cages.
“For over 17 years Intermountain St. George Acceleration has provided sports performance training, backed by science, to athletes in our community,” Ames said. “This additional facility will allow us to offer that training to far more athletes and reduce high volume at peak teams, which will improve the quality of care at both training centers.”
The Acceleration sports performance training programs have been tested and proven to enhance athletic performance, according to a press release from Intermountain Healthcare. Average results of athletes using the program include the following:
- Twenty percent increase in agility and cutting speed.
- Fifty percent improvement in recovery rates.
- Two-tenths of a second improvement in 40-yard dash times.
- Two- to four-inch improvement in vertical jump.
- Increases in hitting velocity by three miles per hour.
Acceleration is administered by degreed exercise physiologists and exercise specialists.
- What: Open house at Intermountain St. George Acceleration’s newest training facility.
- When: Wednesday, May 16, from 7-9 p.m.
- Where: Southwest Baseball Academy Batting Cages, 415 S. Dixie Drive, St. George.
- Details: There will be refreshments, prizes and training demonstrations.
Email: [email protected]